Sometimes we all get caught up Living In The Fast Lane called life. This blog is here to help us all slow down and enjoy the little things in life before it is too late.

Wednesday, October 5, 2011

OCD and Me

I will admit I am a little ocd about certain things. Especially when it comes to cleaning my house. My laundry is organized in the closet. I have a certain way I fold towels. You must wash the dishes before putting them in the dishwasher. All the dishes have a certain place they go. When you clean the bathroom you start with the mirror and work down. When I use the vacuum the hose must be used for all the hard to reach places. If you are helping me clean and these things are not done the way I NEED them to be, I am likely to kick you out of the house to do a different task until I am done. That is why I am the house cleaner and johnny is the yard worker in our house... Until recently. Working all night and then staying up with Cambri during the day has made me lazy. I am awake, I should clean, but I am so tired I just lay on the floor and play with her. She enjoys it because she is constantly getting attention, however the house hold chores are getting behind. Not like gross overwhelming behind, but behind like Mt. Saint laundry has reappeared. The other day though, I gave in and asked for help because, well, the house being a mess stresses me out, and tired stress is the worst kind. My amazing husband said he would help and stayed up until nearly three in the morning folding laundry, cleaning bathrooms, washing dishes, while I was at work. I got home, and was so happy, I made myself put the incorrectly folded towels in the closet instead of refolding them. By me doing that I was showing my appreciation for all of his hard work. I am in no way complaining about the towels. It was just very hard for me to put them away like that, but I was so happy for his help I made myself do it so his hard work wasn't wasted. He helped me in more than one way, folding towels meant I didn't have to, folding them incorrectly helped me realize that there is more important things to worry about then a towel. Thanks Johnny 100 times, your awesome, and I appreciate all that you do!
Published with Blogger-droid v1.7.4

No comments:

Post a Comment