Sometimes we all get caught up Living In The Fast Lane called life. This blog is here to help us all slow down and enjoy the little things in life before it is too late.

Monday, October 10, 2011

Surgical Removal

Bella got her ears pierced when she was three months old. She has never had problem with them except a mild nickel allergy. The last week or so she has been asking to clean them. I didn't think anything of it. Since Cambri got her ears pierced that has been a normal question for Bella to ask. Last night she asked if she could change her earrings. I said sure go ahead. She came out of her room a couple minutes later and said they are stuck. I went to look, removed the rubber backs and sure enough they were stuck. At that time it looked like the skin had some how attached to the earing and was going to rip the skin to take them out. This morning I had her soak her ears in the tub and then took some peroxide and cleaned them. It was then that I noticed she had metal backs on too and they were stuck inside her ear. Stuck so bad that when I cleaned the ear I could see the back of the earring through the front. It turned out there was a lot of infection under the earring that you couldn't see unless you were cleaning them and trying to take the earring out.


(No back)

I called the doctor and was told to bring her in and they would remove them. They put a numbing agent on the ears and let it sit for twenty minutes.



They then took her to the procedure room and removed them. The first one she did without a numbing injection, however the second one was stuck so bad it required the shot. (I didn't take pictures of the removal because this procedure required some hand holding?



They got the earrings out pretty easily and all it took was some band aids and two suckers to make it all better.







We have to let them completely heal and then in six months if she chooses, she can get them pierced again.
Published with Blogger-droid v1.7.4
She did a great job, and was so tough that she never complained about her ears hurting until we couldn't get them out... Maybe next time she should be a little less tough, though let's hope there isn't a next time.

No comments:

Post a Comment