Sometimes we all get caught up Living In The Fast Lane called life. This blog is here to help us all slow down and enjoy the little things in life before it is too late.

Monday, January 10, 2011

Snow Day

This morning I woke up to a phone call saying school was canceled due to inclement weather. I get up and look and there is only a 1/2" of snow. I head back to bed to get up  a couple hours later and see that it is still snowing and we now have about 2" of snow.
We are estimated to get between 5" and 8" by tomorrow morning. One thing I have learned since moving to Kansas City is people don't know how to drive, especially in inclement weather. I think they just pass everyone who takes the drivers test because I have seen cars get completely flipped around and driving into on coming 70 mph traffic on a 4 lane highway because they were driving too fast in the rain. That's right they cant drive in the rain, so think how bad they drive in the snow! I decided 5" to 8" is a good reason not to go to work given I live 30 minutes away and am 6 months pregnant, and Johnny agreed with me. So it looks like today, Bella and I will be taking a snow day!
If we get enough snow, we will build some snowmen and make snow angels, and probably have a snowball fight! She heard snow this morning and no school and was so excited she did a song and dance, I can't let her down now!

1 comment:

  1. Awwh, I miss you guys! Wish we lived closer, so I could play, too!

    ReplyDelete