Sometimes we all get caught up Living In The Fast Lane called life. This blog is here to help us all slow down and enjoy the little things in life before it is too late.

Wednesday, January 5, 2011

New Years Resolution

I have a bad habit, and for new years I have decided to break it. You see I hate going to work. I work 1pm to 10pm so my time with my family is limited. They are in school or work during the day while I am home, and they are home while I am at work. Therefore every time I am offered a day off, I take it. If someone offers to work my shift, I let them. If I have vacation time, I use it. I get to spend more time with Johnny and Bella but all of this of course affects my paycheck.
I dread going to this desk daily but with a baby on the way and all the bills that come with it, I have decided it is not cost effective to take off work at every opportunity given to me. I am going to stay at work unless I have a valid excuse not to be there (your definition of valid and mine most likely differ). I even created what I call a happy space at work, so its kind of like Johnny and Bella are there with me.
Okay, I am not going to lie, its not even close to them being there with me, but it does give me some motivation to stay at work. My schedule changes quarterly so I just hope with the next change I get a little better shift. As for now, it's off to work I go, for the third day in a row. That's right I have worked three days in  row! I don't think I have done that since June!

No comments:

Post a Comment