As I am struggling I notice three men inside just starring at me. I am just about to ask for help when the box falls and the cookies fall to the floor. I set the box down inside and pick the cookies up box by box, not one person comes over to help. I can't complain too much because by this time I was frustrated and refused to ask for help. This situation just makes me realize that people don't have the common courtesy they used to, and are not as willing to help a stranger out. I hope that the next time you see someone struggling you remember this story and stop to help, not just stop to stare. I know I sure will!
Sometimes we all get caught up Living In The Fast Lane called life. This blog is here to help us all slow down and enjoy the little things in life before it is too late.
Thursday, January 27, 2011
Common Courtesy
I am not one of those women who expects a man to wait on them hand and foot, just because I am a woman. I am independent and like to do things for myself. Now don't get me wrong, I will ask Johnny to get me a glass of milk occasionally or to dish me up some food, but for the most part I do it myself. Today was a different story. This morning I went to mail some girl scout cookies. When I say some I mean A LOT! I am carrying this large box filled with cookies and trying to get the door and am having trouble managing both. If I wasn't pregnant I would have set the box down, propped open the door and picked up the box and walked in. However, I am pregnant and because of that I do not have the stomach muscle I need to lift that box off the ground. I try not to use pregnancy as an excuse but today is an exception to that as well.
As I am struggling I notice three men inside just starring at me. I am just about to ask for help when the box falls and the cookies fall to the floor. I set the box down inside and pick the cookies up box by box, not one person comes over to help. I can't complain too much because by this time I was frustrated and refused to ask for help. This situation just makes me realize that people don't have the common courtesy they used to, and are not as willing to help a stranger out. I hope that the next time you see someone struggling you remember this story and stop to help, not just stop to stare. I know I sure will!
As I am struggling I notice three men inside just starring at me. I am just about to ask for help when the box falls and the cookies fall to the floor. I set the box down inside and pick the cookies up box by box, not one person comes over to help. I can't complain too much because by this time I was frustrated and refused to ask for help. This situation just makes me realize that people don't have the common courtesy they used to, and are not as willing to help a stranger out. I hope that the next time you see someone struggling you remember this story and stop to help, not just stop to stare. I know I sure will!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

Some people's children just do no0t use the manners that they were taught. Sorry for your bad experience. :0(
ReplyDelete