Sometimes we all get caught up Living In The Fast Lane called life. This blog is here to help us all slow down and enjoy the little things in life before it is too late.

Wednesday, January 26, 2011

Brush It Off

As a parent it is always a little heart breaking when your child falls down. The first time they scrape their knee, bonk their head, fall off a bicycle is as tough for a parent as it is for a child. Bella has always been pretty tough, at a young age we taught her to just brush it off, and as long as there is no blood this seems to work. Then the other day she fell off her loft stairs, from almost the top! I wasn't home but I got a text message from Johnny informing me. At first I thought I was going to have a panic attack, then I took a deep breathe and realized if she was really hurt he wouldn't have sent me a text but would have called.
He said she cried for a little bit and he just hugged her until she was done crying. This certainly wasn't a brush it off situation. However once she was done crying and daddy was done telling her how she needs to be really careful, it was almost like it never happened. By the time I got home from work she was up in the loft again and didn't even think to tell me about her fall. She just brushed it off!

2 comments: