I remember as a child bringing home tiny seeds in a cup of a dirt. I'd put them in a window so they could get sun, I'd water them, and then they would never grow. I just figured it was because I was a kid that they wouldn't grow. Maybe I got too excited and gave them more water than was needed, or maybe they were in a bad window where the sun was too bright.
Now I am an adult and my children have brought me these same little flowers and asked me to help them grow. I'll put them in a window, give them water, and they never grow. Sometimes they come home and have already gotten them to start growing before they give them to me, and then I turn around and kill them.
I always feel bad and was about to give up trying, but I'm not a quitter. So when Cambri came home from daycare with a tiny plan about two weeks ago, I tried really hard not to kill it. I put it in a window the cat, kids, Johnny, or myself couldn't accidentally knock it over . Instead of watering it everyday, I water it every other. I always hear the definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and over and expecting different results. So I made some changes and this window must have perfect sun because...
Now I am an adult and my children have brought me these same little flowers and asked me to help them grow. I'll put them in a window, give them water, and they never grow. Sometimes they come home and have already gotten them to start growing before they give them to me, and then I turn around and kill them.
I always feel bad and was about to give up trying, but I'm not a quitter. So when Cambri came home from daycare with a tiny plan about two weeks ago, I tried really hard not to kill it. I put it in a window the cat, kids, Johnny, or myself couldn't accidentally knock it over . Instead of watering it everyday, I water it every other. I always hear the definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and over and expecting different results. So I made some changes and this window must have perfect sun because...
No comments:
Post a Comment