Cambri never ceases to amaze me. I may be a bit bias but she seems extremely intelligent. I'll use this morning as an example. Since she started crawling and standing we have been putting a baby gate up between the couch and the wall in our living room. She started doing these things earlier than expected and the house isn't completely baby proof. Mostly our two stair cases, and until they are we want her confined to the living room. She however hates being confined to the living room. Even if the whole family is in the living room she stands at the gate. She has attempted climbing (she isn't quite strong enough yet), shaking, standing at it and screaming and realized these things won't work. So she began to study it. She started looking for a weak spot. I watched her do this in amazement that she would even think to try. It didn't take her long before she found it. The way the couch is angled, we cannot get the gate tight in the bottom corner, so if you push on it the gate will tip. She found this out and started doing it.

The first few times the gate came down loudly on top of her. This scared her and she would scream. Today was different. Today I put her in the living room with some toys and then went in the kitchen to wash the dishes. I thought if she pushed the gate down I would hear the fall then her cries. I should have known by how quite it was that she was up to something. A few minutes into washing I hear what sounds like a baby crawling behind me. I turn and sure enough it was. She had figured out how to make the gate tip without falling and then crawled under it without making a noise. I am thankful she came looking for me instead of being curious about the stairs that she could fall down. Needless to say, I am buying baby gates for the stairs today and have my fingers crossed that she doesn't hate them as much as she hated this one.
Published with Blogger-droid v1.7.4
No comments:
Post a Comment