Sometimes we all get caught up Living In The Fast Lane called life. This blog is here to help us all slow down and enjoy the little things in life before it is too late.

Wednesday, April 18, 2012

Tooth #3

Well, this is a bit delayed, but Bella lost her third tooth on Easter. It was a very dramatic event that took place over several days. At first I wasn't going to share the whole event, because I didn't want to embarrass her. After some thought and consideration I realized, first, that most of the family witnessed the event, and second, that it will be something she can look back at and laugh about when she is older. So here goes.
 The tooth had been loose for weeks! Yes, you heard right, weeks. She finally got it loose enough that she could have just given it a good yank and it come out the Friday before Easter. She has never pulled her own tooth before, she  has always been afraid that it will hurt, so I offered to have Daddy do it. She said no, she wanted to do it on her own. We told her to just keep wiggling it then and it will get loose enough it will just fall out. It didn't. Saturday came and was almost over when she decided she was going to do it. It started to bleed, and it freaked her out. Then she was sure that the tooth had ripped off part of her gums. There was a lot of crying. I finally told her that she needs to just pull it or have some one else pull it or she would end up swallowing it,, thinking of course that she would pull it. This ended up only making the situation worse, she really wanted to do it on her own, but not tonight, and she didn't want to swallow it in her sleep. More crying and an hour or so later, Johnny and I got her calmed down and finally talked her into going to bed. Sunday morning after the Easter bunny came she wanted to eat jelly beans. I told her she can't because it will cause that loose tooth to get cavities, this was of course thinking maybe she would pull it out for some candy. In a way it worked, she said okay I'll pull it. I'm not quit sure where she got the idea but she really wanted to do the string and the door handle trick. My sister in law Cassie and her fiance Trent helped tie some floss to it. I went down stairs only to return to screaming. She tried the string and the door handle and it ALMOST ripped the tooth out. The tooth was now backwards, bloody, and literally hanging by a thread. She told me she changed her mind, she didn't want to pull it. I told her fine, and tried to untie the string. I couldn't. It left us no choice, we had to pull it. I had Johnny come upstairs, and through her tears of fear, she opened her mouth. She kept saying let me get my breathe, I'm not ready. Johnny tricked her and said Bella, I only want to look and feel how loose it is, I'm not going to pull it yet. He stuck his fingers in, pretending to wiggle it and just pulled it out. After all the problems we had had so far, you would think she would have freaked out right? No, instead she just sits there, waiting for him to pull it out. Completely unaware until he handed it to her that he already had.

No comments:

Post a Comment