Sometimes we all get caught up Living In The Fast Lane called life. This blog is here to help us all slow down and enjoy the little things in life before it is too late.

Tuesday, June 7, 2011

A Quarter Century

A quarter century. It sounds like a long time. I am a quarter century old as of yesterday. All the big important birthdays are now gone. Turning 1, 5, 10, 13, 16, 18, 21, and 25 are the exciting birthdays. One because its your first. Five because you will be starting school. Ten because you're now two digits old. Thirteen because you are a teenager. Sweet sixteen. Eighteen you are considered an adult. Twenty one you can legally drink, rent a car, etc. Twenty five, Your insurance goes down. You can tell I'm old because I was more excited about turning twenty five and my insurance going down then any other birthday including my 21st. I now have to wait 15 years for another exciting birthday. The birthday I am technically "over the hill" 40! I have had a great 25 years and had a great 25th birthday. Natalie, Brian, and their kids brought me a surprise birthday cake.

Johnny cooked dinner, then we sat in the hot tub for about two hours before watching a movie and going to bed. I know, it sounds like an old thing to do. I should have gone to the bars or had a party, but I am a quarter century old... too old to do that!
Published with Blogger-droid v1.6.8

1 comment: