They warn you when you become pregnant with your first child, that you will be tired. Reece is my third baby, so I fully knew what I was getting into. Or so I thought.
Bella was a sleeper, slept great from the get go, still sleeps great now. Cambri would only cat nap during the day, but slept pretty good at night. Now she runs off of about 8 hours of sleep a night, and maybe a nap during the day.
Reece slept like the "normal" baby. Wakes every 3 hours, eats, goes back to sleep, repeat. Until recently. Over the passed few weeks, his sleep habits have changed. He plays more during the day now, but still usually takes 3 pretty good naps. Night time is a different story. Getting him to sleep isnt a problem, but he started waking every hour.
I hit up Google. I read that by his age, he should be able to sleep atleast 8 hours with out eating. That everybody wakes during the night, but as adults we are able to put ourselves back to sleep without even knowing we woke. That he is probably waking, and needing to learn how to put himself back to sleep. It said to let him "cry it out."
He has been sleeping in a cradle in our room, next to my side of the bed since he was born. There was no way I could let him cry right there next to me. I decided that night I would put him in his crib in his room when he fell asleep. He went to bed great. I went to bed. He slept longer than normal. About two hours, but when he woke, he woke up screaming. He was screaming, not crying, so I went in and got him. He clung to me like he was terrified.
Since then he screams in his swing. He screams in his cradle, he screams in his crib. He falls asleep in my arms and I go to put him in his bed, he wakes up as soon as I set him down and screams. The past two nights, after multiple attempts to put him to bed in several locations, I have ended up giving up and slept with him in my arms the entire night.
Its nearly impossible to sleep with a baby in your arms all night. So even though he has slept better, I haven't. Tonight I was able to get him to sleep, and in his cradle without waking. I dont how long he will stay that way, but I will take what I can get. As for now, I am headed to bed. Im exhausted and sleep deprived.
No comments:
Post a Comment