Before six months ago I had a routine. My house was almost always clean, delicous dinners regularly cooked, kids bathed and in bed on time. I felt like I had this mom thing down. Not that it's the moms job to do those things. Johnny had just spent the last 2 years working/driving 12 to 14 hours a day, so I did them, and made them my routine. He did what he could when he was here, usually mowing and fixing things
Then Reece arrived. Since then my world has flipped upside down. Its hard to get anything done with a baby attached to you. I know this will only last a moment in the grand scheme of things, so I try not to get upset when the house is a mess. That we have eaten McDonalds 3 nights in a row. Or if we accidentally skip bath time one night. I try to just enjoy it.
Johnny works a lot closer to home now, and works a typical 10 hour day, but he is still busy. It seems now that he is closer, something breaks and needs fixed non stop. If its not one thing, its another. Tonight it was our satellite. We haven't been able to watch TV for a couple days. I don't watch a lot of TV, so it wasn't a huge deal. However, I do like to sit down, relax and watch the Royals for a few innings after I get the kids to bed.
Tonight Johnny fixed the satellite, when he was done, he made dinner and cleaned the kitchen, all while I just sat, snuggled my babies, and watched the whole Royals game. It was a late dinner, and we skipped bath time because the game was on so late, but I don't care. It was an amazing night, thanks to my amazing husband.
No comments:
Post a Comment