I keep seeing these different posts about threenagers. Three year olds that act like teenagers. I haven't yet seen any that have anything on my threenager. I dread her actual teenager years, and let me remind you, I have a 10 year old, an almost teen. Even she is no comparison.
Here are some examples...
1. Cambri - "Mommy I love you. Can we go to Target and you buy me a toy?"
Me - "No, it's almost your birthday, toys are on your birthday list"
Cambri - WHACK... (That's her hitting me in the face) "BUT I WANT A TOY NOW"
2. Cambri - "Mommy I bought this toy with my own money, so I can bring it in the bath if I want to, right?"
Me- "Sure, but it might not work the same when you take it out of the tub"
...A little while later...
Me- "Don't throw that toy at your sister" Cambri- "But I bought it so I can do what I want with it."
3. Cambri - "Mommy, I want to sleep in your bed tonight."
Me - "No Cambri, you are a big girl you need to sleep in your own bed like big girls do."
Cambri - "Ok fine, ill just sneak in once you fall asleep."
4. Cambri - "Mommy when I'm big, I'm gonna take you for a ride in my car."
Me - "I would love that"
Cambri - "But if I decide I don't want to, I don't have to. Once I'm a grown up, you can't tell me what to do"
These are just some of the examples, and I don't know if I should start planning punishments now for hypothetical things she will do when she is an actual teenager, or if I should just give up now!
No comments:
Post a Comment