Tuesday night we were under a tornado watch until 3am. Since the safest room in our house is our furnace/laundry/pet room which is all cement and not comfortable we decided to go stay at a friends house. The night was uneventful and we woke up Wednesday morning to a nice sunny day so we went home. However that sun did not last long. Around 11 am Wednesday morning the tornado sirens started going off. I thought it was just a practice at first but then they didn't stop. I looked outside and sure enough the sun was gone and there was a big dark sky. I turned on the news to see we were in fact in a tornado warning. Normally I wouldn't do anything till I knew that there was a tornado on the ground but with recent events I decided to play it safe. I scooped up the baby and ran downstairs.

And here we sat for about an hour and a half. Luckily nothing hit us or our town, however 6 tornado's did touch down in surrounding areas. One being pretty significant in Sedalia. Our hearts go out to everyone who has been affected by the recent storms and you are all in our thoughts and prayers. Please be safe the remainder of this tornado season.
Published with Blogger-droid v1.6.8
No comments:
Post a Comment